Thursday, August 21, 2008

Silver and Gold Teardrop Earrings


For my newest endeavor, I had the opportunity to try a new patina to add to my precious metal clay designs - Gold Overlay!
This was alot of fun to work with and I have future designs just swimming in my head, waiting to be created!

This design features a teardrop within teardrop cutout design, crafted from fine silver (.999), precious metal clay.
The earrings were patina'ed in two parts, half with an antiqued,aged look; the other half with sparkling particles of pure gold (91.6%) overlay.
Handforged sterling silver ear wires feature a twisted design.
Earring length: a tad over 1 1/2"

There are a few important techniques that one must follow to obtain this effect and I will be sure to post those in a couple of days, for those interested in trying this yourselves :)
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

comments

7 Responses to "Silver and Gold Teardrop Earrings"
  1. Crimzen Creative said...
    August 23, 2008 at 1:11 AM

    Those are gorgeous!

  2. Leet said...
    August 23, 2008 at 7:31 AM

    hi
    may i ask you what is your template name? I try to find at blogger buster but can't find it
    I like your template

    Leet

  3. Leet said...
    August 25, 2008 at 10:04 AM

    Hi...
    thanks for the info regarding the template.
    I will check it

    Leet

  4. TrishaRitchieNC said...
    August 25, 2008 at 12:51 PM

    Very lovely work ... I will heart you as a seller!

  5. Silver Canyons said...
    August 26, 2008 at 11:57 PM

    Thank you Trish!

  6. LadyK said...
    August 28, 2008 at 9:36 PM

    These are just beautiful!

  7. Silver Canyons said...
    August 29, 2008 at 12:06 AM

    Thank you so much Ladyk!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates