Sunday, July 13, 2008

Featured Artist Part 1: Captured Time Books



Becoming involved with Jewelry on Etsy Team has really allowed me to meet some wonderful shops and designers throughout the Etsy community. Recently, two teams, EtsyGreeting and Jewelry on Etsy Team, have collaborated for the month of July offering cross promotions of team shops. I have been fortunate enough to have been paired with two wonderful shops and today, I would like to introduce Rachel, shop owner of Captured Time Books, specializing in One of a Kind Paper crafts, including cards, scrapbooking, journeling and altered items, as well as hair clips, magnets, and much much more.
Rachel, so kindly agreed to answer a few questions, in order for you to get to know a little about her and her Etsy Shop.



Question: Your profile mentioned that you began scrapbooking at an early age. What drew you to this, as a little girl?
I went to camp Lakamaga as a Girl scout and my mother insisted I make a scrapbook of my first "big girl" away from home adventure. I still have that scrapbook to this day. Sure it wained as a teen and came back with a vengeance as scrapbooking evolved but I have loved every moment.





Question: What sparks you imagination when creating your cards, scrapbook and journal items?
I am a paperholic. My love of paper is the driving force followed closely by Prima flowers. The textures and dimension that they add to greeting cards is truly unparalleled.









Question: What do you find to be your biggest challenge?
Never enough time in the day! It is always a constant battle I need a clone just like any working mother. Thank goodness I have a fantastic husband who supports my creative workings.







Question: What inspired your decision to become an Etsy Shop owner?
It was a natural offshoot of my Custom Scrapbook Business. It is a nice variety to create little projects in between my large album orders. It gives me a sense of quick accomplishment to to a few cards or clips. And like many artists, at times I can really suffer from creative distraction. Whats that you say? It goes like this. Whoooo Pretty ribbon. Those would make the most lovely little hair clippies. Mind races through four options settles on one that MUST be made RIGHT NOW. Furiously digging through the supply area for the necessary items. (2 hours pass and now 6 sets of clips are made) Whew that was fun! OMG it is 1:45 AM and I have to be up at 5:15.

Another day in paradise.




http://capturedtimebooks.blogspot.com/
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

comments

4 Responses to "Featured Artist Part 1: Captured Time Books"
  1. Anonymous said...
    July 15, 2008 at 12:58 PM

    Beautiful work!

  2. Sandra Williams said...
    July 15, 2008 at 1:02 PM

    Great feature! Rachel at Capturedtimebooks is a wonderful person and her shop is just lovely.

  3. Patti said...
    July 15, 2008 at 1:58 PM

    Rachel's work is stunning! It was good to read your post about her!

  4. Anonymous said...
    July 18, 2008 at 9:37 AM

    I will like to see one blog from rachel.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates